2016 BOWLING SEASON
St. James Bowling Team 2015-16
Welcome returning and new bowlers to our Thunder team. As we get underway here are a few points and dates.
- We have our first practice on Tuesday, January 5 at Park Lanes 3:30-5:00
- Start practicing now until January and work on those skills that the coaches have shown you during tryouts.
- Do not purchase a bowling ball until your parents and you have talked to Coach Dierking. He works at Mission Bowl in Olathe.
- Keep up your grades as they can affect your bowling eligibility
- Potluck dinner for you and your family will be Wednesday at 6:00 in the school café. Each family will be asked to bring something to share and Alanna and Evan will be contacting you about what to bring. I will explain our program that night. We have practice that day from 3:30-5:00
- Our first meet is January 8, Friday for the girls and Saturday, January 9 for the boys in Lawrence at Royal Crest Lanes. This meet is 8:00-4:00. Our schedule is posted on St. James Web Page under Athletics – click on Bowling.
- Senior night is February 1, Monday, at Park Lanes
- There are 6 bowlers on JV and 6 on Varsity and we bowl 3 games at meets adding up the 4 highest scores form each game. There are a few meets that include “Baker” format where 5 bowlers bowl 2 frames each ex 1&6 2&7.
- State is March 4 in Wichita and now is the time to start shooting for this.
- Give Alanna your email and your parents email so we can have good communications during the season
Good Luck to our 2015-16 Teams